Waiting.

wait
wāt
verb

1. Stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or until something else happens.

To stay where we are. A couple. A dyad.

Delay action until a particular time or until something else happens. Until we are chosen. Matched.

We wait.

But we won’t delay action.

While we wait, or stay where we are, we pray. We pray. And pray. And pray.

For the mamas that tug my heart. That pull the breath from my lungs for a moment as I read the intimate and invasive details of their lives. That are on my mind each and every day. That stir my restless mind late at night. For those mamas, I pray. I pray so hard that tears fall from eyes. I pray that God holds them as hard as those prayers. That He holds them and gives them hope. Hope that they will find a way to a decision.

For the babes being miraculously created and growing. For the baby that will someday be ours. The one that my heart longs for more than anything else. The babe that will make us parents. That will grow us from a couple to a family. That will forever connect us to another mama and family. For that baby, I pray.

Although we wait, we do not delay action.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connections

Leaving Floor 3

Story